Website Mering, a company of The Shipyard
Mering, a company of The Shipyard, is a full-service, independent consumer action agency. Known for our memorable creative campaigns, we create work that moves people to engage with your brand and drive positive business outcomes.
We recently joined forces with The Shipyard, a leading, independent marketing agency specializing in digital and data science. Their unique philosophy and approach is what they call Marketing Engineering.
Together, we are a fiercely independent, results-driven agency with enhanced expertise and a strong, diversified client roster that includes major brands such as In-N-Out Burger, Bollé, Visit California, Vision Service Plan/VSP, Tahiti Tourism, San Diego Gas & Electric, and many more. An integrated agency brand will launch in early 2021.
Read more about our newly founded partnership here: https://mering.com/tsy-mering
The agency has had significant momentum and is on a roll with new business. We’re 120 people strong across four cities (Columbus, OH, Newport Beach, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA), and we’re still growing.
Come join our team!
We are seeking a plug-and-play Senior Designer to join our Sacramento team. Someone who is passionate about culture, design, and leadership to bring concepts and ideas to life through visual design. They will bring new design thinking to the table across a multitude of projects and clients.
The Senior Designer will be creatively smart, highly organized, and able to work efficiently on multiple projects across a variety of industries and brands. They will be expected to lead by example and be accountable for their (and team members) work that is presented. The right person for this role will be skilled in visual design, design concepting & design production, they will be professional and confident and they will work well within a collaborative environment.
This designer should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles, and layout techniques. They should also have experience executing projects from conception to production & implementation, including, but not limited to graphic design, light retouching/photo manipulation, motion graphics, social media posts, production for both digital and print assets, branded collateral, web banners, presentation designs, and original content. They will offer creative solutions to creative and visual problems and can work across all types of programs – from the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign) to Keynote and PowerPoint.
This is a hybrid work from home/office position but the candidate must live near Sacramento.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct conceptual explorations, including drawings, sketching, research, and thumbnails.
- Ability to integrate constructive feedback on design solutions.
- Ability to problem-solve complex design problems with creativity and efficiency.
- Typography and layout creation, as well as exceptional brand identity development.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Stays current with web design trends, tools, and practices.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent education
- 7-10 years of design experience with at least 6 yrs of brand/design or agency experience
- Knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process, and press runs
- Online experience including web layout, XML, and HTML skills a plus
- Excellent technical skills, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Possess a deep understanding of multimedia design and experience designing for both print and digital.
What You’ll Get:
- Open PTO
- 40 hours of paid sick time (annually)
- Flexible work hours and remote work (but must live/work near one of our base offices)
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k program with employer matching
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee bonus referrals
- Dog-friendly offices
- Company-provided snacks and beverages (yes, beer/wine included)
- … and lots more!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.