Website Mering, a company of the Shipyard
Mering, a company of The Shipyard, is a full-service, independent consumer action agency. Known for our memorable creative campaigns, we create work that moves people to engage with your brand and drive positive business outcomes.
We recently joined forces with The Shipyard, a leading, independent marketing agency specializing in digital and data science. Their unique philosophy and approach is what they call Marketing Engineering.
Together, we are a fiercely independent, results-driven agency with enhanced expertise and a strong, diversified client roster that includes major brands such as In-N-Out Burger, Bollé, Visit California, Vision Service Plan/VSP, Tahiti Tourism, San Diego Gas & Electric, and many more. An integrated agency brand will launch in early 2021.
Read more about our newly founded partnership here: https://mering.com/tsy-mering
The agency has had significant momentum and is on a roll with new business. We’re 120 people strong across four cities (Columbus, OH, Newport Beach, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA), and we’re still growing.
Come join our team!
We are looking for a smart, experienced, and motivated Account Manager to join our Sacramento team.
The Account Manager is the engine of action within Mering integrated agency teams. They serve as the day-to-day lead in managing client work, providing proactive solutions, anticipating and navigating stakeholder needs to keep programs of work and people moving together, and ensuring all deliverables are executed with the highest standards. Working in collaboration with an Account Director, they are an integral contributor to the success and the growth of a client’s business.
This is a hybrid work from home/office position but the candidate must live near Sacramento.
What You’ll Do:
- Become immersed in the client brand(s), business goals, opportunities, and challenges in order to serve as an extension of the client team.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for clients and lead consistent, frequent client interactions that establish a trusted advisor relationship.
- Establish strong, collaborative cross-functional relationships internally to effectively and efficiently facilitate client programs of work.
- Be an agency advocate, managing work as efficiently as possible to enhance profitability.
- Manage escalations, troubleshoot and proactively eliminate account challenges, and prioritize project executions.
- Draft executional creative briefs and media briefs, and conduct executional creative and media kick-off meetings.
- Partner with production/ops teams to develop project estimates, timelines and coordinate internal check-ins.
- Obtain client approval/signature on estimates authorizing work.
- Work with Media (planner, channel teams) to effectively/efficiently complete campaign workbooks and deploy digital campaigns in alignment with established processes.
- Work with Analytics to deliver campaign reporting dashboards and companion documents to clients in accordance with reporting schedule.
- Develop and maintain client status reports, hotlists, and/or other project management tracking documents.
- Schedule collaborative meetings between internal teams to evaluate campaign performance for future client communication and planning.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings/presentations with clients and agency staff.
- Develop brief conference reports recapping key decisions and action items after internal and external meetings.
- Proof/QA creative development for content, proper length/units, accuracy, and spelling; proof media presentations and documents for content, calculation accuracy, and spelling.
- Manage client feedback, revisions, and approvals through appropriate channels.
- Manage client billing and budget recaps with careful diligence; review budget tracking for accuracy.
- Manage general account administration tasks include maintaining up-to-date client files, facilitating client birthdays, handling random client requests, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or a related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; full-service agency experience is preferred
- Thorough understanding of creative development and production processes, workflow, and terminology for both traditional and digital media programs
- Digital marketing proficiency including reporting and analytics
- Exceptional time management, attention to detail and accuracy, proofreading, and organizational skills
- An innate curiosity and passion for innovating and problem-solving
- Ability to …
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional setting
- Take initiative, make independent decisions, and proactively prioritize
- Function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Multitask and transition quickly and effectively between clients and projects
- Apply active listening skills to build mutual understanding
- Communicate in a strong and concise manner, both in writing and verbally
- Identify and solve problems
What You’ll Get:
- Open PTO
- 40 hours of paid sick time (annually)
- Flexible work hours and remote work (but must live/work near one of our base offices)
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k program with employer matching
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee bonus referrals
- Dog-friendly offices
- Company-provided snacks and beverages (yes, beer/wine included)
- … and lots more!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.