Senior Graphic Designer
Honey is a design and marketing studio.
Senior Graphic Designer
Honey is a female-led creative studio that intersects design and marketing to create impactful work. Our craft is fueled by a collaborative and holistic process. As experts in the food, beverage, cannabis, and agriculture industries, we focus on building brands, creating connections with audiences, telling stories, and inspiring passion.
The Senior Designer at Honey is a master of their craft and a leader in design. You love getting your hands on every aspect of a project from research to concepting to execution. You lead collaboration, ideation, and execution of various projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography. You have an expert ability to create original, custom concepts with a killer, detailed design aesthetic. Working alongside Honey’s Creative and Art Director, you are responsible for juggling multiple projects at a time with expert detail and creativity. You are a creative lead that inspires great work, positively communicates your design decisions, and pushes the limits of your projects.
- Execute projects from initial ideation to the final stages / launch
- Create original, compelling designs with expert attention to detail on projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography
- Review design work and provide constructive feedback to junior and mid-level designers that align with project goals
- Collaborate closely with Honey’s design and marketing teams, as well as external partners such as development, photo, and video partners
- Communicate with Creative Director to escalate project concerns and receive feedback as needed
- Push the boundaries of design, proudly contributing to and building Honey’s brand aesthetic and culture
- Confidently lead client presentations, with the ability to clearly and successfully communicate ideas and design decisions to clients as well as the internal team
- Adaptability to accommodate changes in strategic direction or client needs
- Willingness to support team members and jump into projects in order to support deadlines
- Navigate tough client feedback with a confident and positive attitude, looping in Creative Director when necessary
- Manage your time and priorities effectively to balance your tasks while juggling multiple projects
- Assist Creative Director to provide accurate project time estimates
- Embody Honey’s core values and commitments to be an anti-racist company in the development of work and interactions with team, clients, and the broader community
- 3-5 years of design experience in branding, packaging, web design, + strategic campaigns (in studio environment preferred, but not required)
- Expert in design tools: Sketch, Marvel, Pantone Connect, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom
- Some knowledge in Honey’s niche industries of food, beverage, agriculture, and cannabis
- Expert understanding of design principles (Color theory, typography, etc)
- Experience leading projects from start to finish
- Ability to successfully communicate complex design decisions to the team and clients
- Excellent written communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and drive to take initiative to figure things out
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Positive, passionate, creative, curious, and down-to-earth spirit
- Competitive salary range based on experience
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing education opportunities
- Working with a seriously awesome team
- Paid vacations and holidays
Send us a thoughtful email sharing why you are a great fit for this position along with your resumé and portfolio to email@example.com using the subject line Sr. Graphic Designer Position 2022. Applications will be accepted until April 29.
To apply for this job please visit workbyhoney.com.