Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) is on a mission to double its impact by 2028. We are a group of passionate, equity-minded individuals who work collaboratively with public and private partners to help impact and change lives for the better through education. We are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Graphic Designer is the lead of the Foundation’s graphic design team, responsible for upholding the overall brand and delivering high quality creative materials on behalf of the organization, its programs, and partners across the California Community Colleges. This individual will play a key role in storytelling through strategic and creative visual design work, helping to raise the profile of the Foundation as a leading nonprofit which exists to help Californians better their lives through economic and social mobility.
Prior to submitting an application, candidates are encouraged to read the full description of the Senior Graphic Designer position on our Foundation Careers page.
- Oversees all internal- and external-facing online and print creative materials from conception to final delivery; provides clear creative direction, guidance, and feedback to design team members to ensure ability to meet organizational and partner needs.
- Supports Foundation Executive Team creative needs by leading the development of high-profile presentations, including to the Board of Directors, and outreach collateral, such as brochures, flyers, annual reports, microsites, and executive summaries.
- Leads strategic design thinking and brainstorms, and partners with Communications team members to ideate solutions and creative ways to use design for storytelling.
- Concisely and strongly communicates strategy, design concepts, and creative ideas to internal and external partners, or “clients.”
- Ensures the Foundation’s brand and standards are upheld through all materials, including those created for both internal and external stakeholders, and that all work is strategic, effective, and consistent.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Proven experience as a Senior Graphic Designer, Graphic Designer, or in a similar role, with a strong attention to detail and knowledge of best practices in the visual communications field.
- Excellent understanding of and past experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications; experience with XD, Premiere Pro, and After Effects is a plus.
- Experience designing in compliance with ADA/accessibility guidelines in both print and digital formats is a plus.
- Past management experience and a proven track record of supervising a team of designers and working with all levels of staff at an organization.
- A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision
- A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College and the Foundation’s mission to provide students with stronger pathways to education, and passion for building a more just and equitable California overall.
What We Offer
We are proud of the role we play in advancing the missions of the California Community Colleges. At the Foundation, the work of each team member holds great weight and responsibility, and provides opportunity for individuals to help Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where staff can ideate new approaches, replicate promising practices, and bring to scale proven and sustainable methods that are responsive to the needs of our students, our system, and our state.
Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
To learn more about the position and apply, visit the full job description.
To apply for this job please visit foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.