Senior Content Specialist
Senior Content Specialist
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) is on a mission to double its impact by 2028. We are a group of passionate, equity-minded individuals who work collaboratively with public and private partners to help impact and change lives for the better through education. We are seeking a Senior content specialist to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Content Specialist position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills to lead content strategy and development for a variety of projects on behalf of the Foundation for California Community Colleges and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. This individual will oversee a team of content writers and work closely with an in-house creative division to deliver compelling print and digital communications and marketing collateral across a variety of mediums to raise awareness of the Foundation’s work supporting the largest system of higher education in the nation.
Prior to submitting an application, candidates are encouraged to read the full description of the Senior Content Specialist position on our Foundation Careers page.
- Researches, writes, edits, and produces engaging content for a wide variety of print and digital marketing deliverables, including but not limited to: annual reports and planning documents, organic and paid social media, webpages, press releases, email marketing campaigns, executive communications and presentations, whitepapers/research reports, and video scripts.
- Operates in a management role and guides a team of content writers in maintaining consistency in tone of voice across all deliverables and ensuring all efforts meet the brand standards of the Foundation and the Chancellor’s Office.
- Participates in development and execution of content strategy for the organization and its programs, helping to reach a range of different stakeholders including colleges, students, philanthropic funders, state agencies, and more.
- Oversees the Foundation’s editorial calendar and identifies key moments throughout the year for impactful storytelling, and tracks and reports on the efficacy of deliverables to ensure communications meet identified goals and help support the student success, workforce development, and equity priorities of the California Community Colleges system.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Proven experience in a senior-level content development role, with strong writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to self-edit.
- Experience managing and leading a team of content writers, and identifying opportunities for growth and development.
- Proven skills in researching and obtaining trustworthy information to inform writing, including through working with subject matter experts to gain deeper knowledge of program priorities or details, and translating these details into compelling content.
- Up-to-date knowledge of communications trends, standards, and tools. Understanding of SEO, keyword research, and best practices in web content development is a plus.
- A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College and the Foundation’s mission to provide students with stronger pathways to education, and passion for building a more just and equitable California overall.
What We Offer
We are proud of the role we play in advancing the missions of the California Community Colleges. At the Foundation, the work of each team member holds great weight and responsibility, and provides opportunity for individuals to help Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where staff can ideate new approaches, replicate promising practices, and bring to scale proven and sustainable methods that are responsive to the needs of our students, our system, and our state.
Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
To learn more about the position and apply, visit the full job description.
To apply for this job please visit foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.